José Miguel Mendoza
(57) 1 317-4720
José Miguel Mendoza is a partner with the corporate and litigation practices of the firm and a professor of corporate law at Los Andes University School of Law.
Mr. Mendoza has 15 years experience in corporate law and dispute resolution. He specializes in guiding shareholders, directors and officers through the intricacies of corporate practice, with a focus on crisis management.
As chief judge for Colombia’s specialized business court, he presided over hundreds of cases concerning complex corporate litigation. Later, as head of the Colombian public utilities supervisor, he successfully led the efforts to prevent an energy crisis in the country.
He has been involved in the country’s main corporate legal reforms over the past decade, including Law 1258/08 on simplified companies and PL 70/15 on the liability of directors and officers and represented Colombia before Working Group 1 (business law) of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law.
His research on corporate and financial matters has been published by Oxford University Press, Wolters Kluwers, North Carolina Academic Press, Fordham University, and the Oxford Centre for Corporate Reputation.
- Corporate law
- Dispute resolution
- Corporate policy and strategy
- Ph.D on law and finance, Oxford University (Low Murtra scholar)
- Ms.T on corporate law, Oxford University (Santander Abbey scholar)
- LL.M, Tilburg University (NL) (with honors)
- Law Degree (JD equivalent), Javeriana University
- Editorial Board, Journal of Financial Regulation, Oxford University Press
- Editorial Board, UNA Law Journal, Los Andes University