(57) 1 3174720
Andrés González Becerra heads the tax department of DLA Piper Martinez Beltran. He advises clients in tax law, international tax law, tax planning, tax structuring in mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, tax litigation, free trade zones and tax incentives for international trade and foreign investment.
Before joining the firm, Andrés was a partner in a prominent Colombian firm known for its tax law work. Additionally, between 2010 and 2012, he worked with PWC Luxemburg in the international tax structures department.
He is the lead professor in International Tax Law in Los Andes University’s LLM in taxation program. He also teaches tax treaties at La Javeriana University (Cali).
- For several years, Chambers & Partners has ranked Andrés as one of the leaders in tax law in Colombia, praising his work in international tax law, cross-border transactions, tax consulting and tax litigation.
- In 2015, the International Fiscal Association honored Andrés with its YIN Award.
- ICDT (Colombian Law Institute).
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) – Colombian branch.
- Academic Director – Colombian branch
- YIN (Young IFA Network) Global Committee
- LL.M., International Taxation, Leiden University Leiden University Academic Excellence Award.
- J.D., Los Andes University.
- Tax Law Specialization, El Rosario University.
- International and European Communitarian Law, Université Robert Schuman.