Maria Alejandra Buitrago
(57) 1 317-4720 ext.106
Maria focuses her practice in tax law, international tax law, tax planning, tax structuring in mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, tax litigation, free trade zones and tax incentives for international trade and foreign investment.
- International tax
- Estate Planning
- Foreign exchange
- Advised Colombian and foreign companies on local and international tax matters, especially in cross-border operations.
- Structured from a tax perspective corporate reorganization processes, including mergers, spin-off and acquisitions.
- Advised on tax matters private equity funds and financial institutions.
- Advised individuals on estate planning.
- Summer course in International Tax Law at Leiden University (2018)
- Master in Tax Law, Universidad de los Andes (2018)
- Tax Law Postgraduate Program Univesidad de los Andes (Colombia) 2014
- Law Degree (JD equivalent), Universidad del Rosario (Colombia) 2012
Prior to joining DLA Piper Martinez Beltrán, Maria was an associate at an important Colombian law firm working in tax matters.