César Camilo Cermeño
César Cermeño has more than 16 years of experience advising leading local and foreign companies in the areas of Tax, Tax Litigation, Customs and Foreign Trade. He has worked in two Big 4 firms and in a recognized international law firm.
He advised the Ten-Year Tax Justice Plan 2017 - 2017 published by the Ministry of Justice of Colombia and is the author and co-author of several books and articles on tax, procedural and customs law.
César has participated in several conferences and lectures both national and international on tax, arbitral and litigation law. He also serves as Professor of Pontificia Universidad de Los Andes, Universidad Javeriana, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Universidad Libre, Universidad Sergio Arboleda and Universidad Central in the economic law, tax disputes and judicial argumentation departments, as well as a lecturer in several seminars at the Colombian Institute of Tax Law (“ICDT”), IFA, IBA, AMCHAM, AP Legis, APD, ANDI, Acolgen, Andesco and CCB
- Tax Litigation
- Tax Policy
- Local taxes
- Law Degree from Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia).
- Master Degree in Business Law from Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (Madrid Spain).
- Master Degree in Economic Law from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Bogotá, Colombia).
- Spanish - English
- Litigation Star – Tax (Benchmark Litigation), 2019
- Tax Controversy Leader (International Tax Review), 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Indirect Tax Leader (International Tax Review), 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Chambers and Partners – Tax, 2019 and 2020.
- César has advised several global and local companies in disputes before national and territorial authorities in different tax, customs and international exchange matters..
- He has participated on several high-profile tax policy projects, advising business associations, multilateral organizations and government entities.
- Colombian Tax Institute.
- International Fiscal Association.