DLA PIPER MARTINEZ BELTRAN is proud to be the consulting firm for Banco de la República, Colombia’s Central Bank, on banking and finance regulatory matters. We work globally and seamlessly to assist our clients with domestic and international financing transactions. The DLA Piper global capital markets practice advises on finance transactions under New York law as well as advising on international securities issuances and other instruments.
Capital markets: financings in the international debt capital markets, including high-yield bonds, medium-term notes, private placements, asset-backed securities, project bonds and Euro-commercial paper programs.
Bank and acquisition financing: syndicated lending facilities for Latin American borrowers, including acquisition and recapitalization financing, pre-export credit facilities, working capital financing and structured trade financing, often secured by collateral in a variety of Latin American jurisdictions.
Project and infrastructure financing: syndicated lending facilities and Regulation S/Rule 144A bond offerings in connection with projects and infrastructure financing in Latin America, including electric power plants, waste water treatment facilities, airport terminals, toll roads and other infrastructure facilities.
Structured financing and securitization: structured financing and securitization transactions involving a wide variety of receivables and other payment obligations, including both US dollar and local currency-denominated receivables, among them receivables arising under infrastructure concessions, commercial receivables arising in a variety of industries, and commercial and residential mortgages.
Debt restructuring and liability management: we have extensive experience in advising companies, creditors (including banks, other institutional creditors and bondholder committees) and financial advisors in debt restructuring and liability management transactions, including consent solicitations, exit consents, bond repurchase programs and exchange offers.
Camilo Martinez Beltran
Juan Manuel de la Rosa
(57) 1 317-4720
Sebastian Celis Rodriguez
Juan Carlos Gambín
- FMO in the negotiations of a loan agreement with Biogas Doña Juana S.A. ESP (BGDJ) for the expansion of a waste power plant facility, including the structuring and negotiation of the corresponding security package.
- Concesionaria Vía al Mar S.A.S. (COVIMAR), as sponsor of the public-private partnership project known as Mulalo - Loboguerrero, a toll road that is part of the 4G concession programs launched by the Colombian government in 2014.
- Concesionaria Vial Andina S.A.S. (COVIANDINA), as sponsor of the public and private partnership project known as Chirajara – Fundadores, a private initiative toll road valued at US$$1.5 billion dollars. This project provides for the expansion of the existing road between Bogotá and Villavicencio, connecting the Eastern part of the country with its capital, Bogotá D.C.
- Banco de Bogotá in a 2015 public offering of bonds under Reg S and Rule 144A.
- Banco Pichincha in a public offering of bonds in Colombia.
- CENCOSUD in a private placement of securities under Reg S and Rule 144A.
- Hoteles Estelar in a public offering of bonds in Colombia.
- Banco de Bogotá in a public offering of stock in Colombia.
- Colombia’s largest banking group, Grupo Aval, in a private placement of securities under Rule 144A.
- Banco de Bogotá in a private placement of securities under Rule 144A.
- Grupo Aval, raise US$1.2 billion in its initial public offering in the US.
- Fiduciaria Popular before the Superintendece of Corporations to exclude some funds administrated by INTERBOLSA S.A. in a bankruptcy proceeding opened to INTERBOLSA S.A., due to irregularities in the administration of funds. Our objective was to grant the funds to the investors through a legal vehicle that was structured by the firm with the liquidator assigned to the case in Luxemburg. The Superintendence ruled in our favor and now 1,200 financial investors will be able to get back an important percentage of the funds they had invested in the INTERBOLSA titles.