DLA PIPER MARTINEZ BELTRAN advises on compliance with Colombia’s evolving energy-related regulations, as well as assisting clients who are developing important infrastructure projects. In 2015, we played a key role in one of the most important real estate developments in Colombia, advising on how to structure the financing that would sustain the project through its completion. Also in 2015, we advised some of the most significant infrastructure projects in Colombia in the development of financing through public-private alliances.
Camilo Martinez Beltran
Felipe Quintero Serrano
- Advising on the Conexión Pacifico 1 49.7 kilometer toll road project, including the construction, operation and maintenance of 52 bridges, 4 tunnels and toll booths, extending from the southern suburbs of Medellín to Bolombolo, on the Cauca River. This is the first project under the Autopistas para la Prosperidad program and part of the fourth generation of infrastructure concessions in Colombia.
- Advising on negotiations of a financial contract between a Dutch bank as lender and the Biogas Doña Juana project, one of the largest clean development mechanism projects in Latin America.
- Advising the sponsors of the private partnership project Mulalo-Loboguerrero, a toll road that is part of the 4G concession programs launched by the Colombian government in 2014. This case is important since we accompany the client in obtaining the financial closing for an amount of US$300 million.
- Advising the sponsors of the public and private partnership project Chirajara – Fundadores, a toll road developed in a private initiative project valued at US$1.5 billion.
- Advising the sponsors of the public-private partnership project Ibague – Cajamarca, a private initiative toll road valued at US$450 million.