Our Banking & Finance area is one of the main reference areas in DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán. Being fully aware of the changes that are taking place, our team of lawyers has a high degree of specialization in all kinds of financial operations of a national and international nature.
As leaders in this practice area, we have represented some of the most important and representative financial institutions, investment banks, private equity and investment funds and FinTech companies in the market. Our experience is focused on complex transactions, such as high-profile debt restructuring (project finance), structured and corporate finances,acquisition financing, guarantees, capital increases, public tender offers, design of leasing agreements and derivative products, just to name a few. Our team is fully integrated with other practice areas of the Firm, which allows us to tailor our services to each of our clients´ needs in a comprehensive manner and efficiently address them in the competitive environment and the requirements of each industry (such as tax, real estate, insurance, technology industries, among others).
Our services include:
- Structuring of financial transactions, such as corporate financing, project finance (project finance), acquisition finance (acquisition financing), asset-based lending (asset-based lending), asset-based lending (cash-flow lending) and leveraged finance (leveraged finance)
- Advising in financial regulation.
- Preparation of contracts an accessories to the banking business, such as guarantees, promissory notes, trust contracts, pledges and mortgages, among others.
- Auditing financial institutions in its compliance with applicable regulations
- Assisting in obtaining banking licenses, establishing representation offices and negotiating correspondent agreements.
- Advising local and international issuers in connection with capital market regulations
- Advising international banks and local companies in the issuance of securities under Rule 144/Reg S
- Advice on the issuance and legal structuring of issues of private and public securities, including securitization.