We have broad experience in the prompt and effective resolution of corporate conflicts through corporate governance and litigation strategies tailored to the needs of our clients and based on the complexities of each dispute. We have participated in the most complex and recognized disputes in Colombia in recent years.
DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán set up what is perhaps the first successful practice area in Colombia engaging in shareholder activism through the enforcement of minority investor rights across a wide range of companies, from family-owned enterprises to listed firms. Our experience in litigation and the results of our work has led the Firm to receive wide local and international recognition. Our approach consists of proposing innovative resolution strategies, managing cases effectively and permanently assisting the client in the evaluation and mitigation of the risks associated with litigation.
We also specialize in the design and implementation of corporate practices and corporate governance, in order to meet the expectations of our clients and prevent potential conflicts. We identify flaws in the performance of the various internal bodies and design control mechanisms to facilitate their operation. In addition, we provide advice on the structuring and implementation of statutory schemes, shareholders’ agreements and participation strategies in meetings of corporate bodies.
Our services allow our local and international clients to conduct their businesses properly and smoothly.
Our services include:
- Advising on the structuring and implementation of corporate governance schemes to prevent corporate conflicts.
- Advising and supporting domestic and foreign companies and investors in shareholders meetings.
- Advising on the design and execution of litigation strategies aimed at resolving complex corporate conflicts.
- Advising on directors’ liability.
- Advising and supporting in administrative investigations related with possible violations of the current corporate regime.
- Advising and supporting domestic and foreign directors in board meetings.
- Evaluating corporate practices to assess their compliance with the applicable legal regime.
- Advising on the design of shareholders’ agreements and complex statutory structures.