We advise local and international clients in all aspects related to their corporate and commercial activities, mainly in transactions related to mergers & acquisitions (M&A).
DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán clients benefit from a leading mergers and acquisitions practice in Colombia and globally, as Mergermarket has repeatedly pointed out, “[...] has participated in more M&A transactions than any other law firm in the world”.
Our experience allows us to carry out cross-border businesses and/or with foreign parties and support clients during all stages of the transaction, offering profitable and pragmatic business solutions.
We are characterized and recognized in Colombia for offering clients the personal service and dedication of our partners and each one of the members of their teams.
Our lawyers are focused on providing creative and innovative solutions to problems that may arise during transactions. We are multidisciplinary professionals oriented towards customer service and committed to efficient work, ensuring that the transaction always meets the specified deadlines and serving the interests of our clients.
We have built a work platform where we combine global experience with our local knowledge in each one of the jurisdictions in which we have a presence so that our clients obtain the best experience before, during and after the transaction.
From due diligence to post-closing advice, we are committed to providing all the resources and tools required to obtain the desired results and achieve the proposed goals.
Our services include:
- Design and structuring of transaction documents.
- Advising on the negotiation of transaction documents, negotiation of share purchase agreements, purchase and sale of assets, shareholders’ agreements and/or guarantee agreements.
- Advising before competent authorities to proceed with the transaction, including, without limitation, the Financial Superintendence and the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, as applicable.
- Performing due diligence for potential buyers and potential sellers.
- Analyzing and advising on the structuring of the transaction.