María Claudia Martínez Beltrán
(57) 1 317-4720 ext.112
María Claudia has focused her career on antitrust consumer protection and data protection matters. She has wide experience in representing wide ranges of corporations and single individuals before the Competition and Data Protection Authority in administrative investigations and obtaining clearance of different requirements handle by the authority.
In 2016, María was appointed director of the Competition Law, Consumer and Data Protection Area at DLA PIPER MARTINEZ BELTRAN.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dispute Resolutions: Arbitration &Litigation
- Antitrust , Competition, Data Privacy and Consumer Protection
- Wealth Management
- Participated in the corporate reorganization of the most important economic groups in Colombia.
- Advised on wealth management structures for numerous of family businesses.
- LL.M., King’s College, United Kingdom.
- LL.M, King´s College London (London) 2019
- Corporate Law Postgraduate Program, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia) 2015
- Economist, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia) 2012
- Antitrust, Competition and Free Trade Postgraduate Program, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia) 2011
- Law Degree (JD equivalent), Universidad de los Andes(Colombia) 2010
Awarded a Scholarship from the United Nation’s COMPAL Programme to assist to an Individual Capacity Building Programme in at Oxford University leaded by Professor Ariel Ezrachi, Director of the Centre For Competition Law and Policy at Oxford University.
María started her professional career in 2009, focusing her practice in corporate law at Martinez Neira Abogados. Later she served as lawyer and economist at the Competition Authority in administrative antitrust investigations, and ended her experience in the public sector as advisor to the Superintendent of Industry and Commerce. In 2014 she entered Martinez Neira Abogados as senior associate on corporate law, competition law, consumer and data protection.
María Claudia is lawyer and economist of the Universidad de los Andes and, since 2015, she is professor at the Universidad del Rosario.
- International Bar Association - IBA