Sergio Rojas Quiñones
(57) 1 317-4720
Sergio leads the Liability and Damages Practice, as well as the Insurance Practice in DLA Piper Martinez Beltrán where he has represented local and international companies before national and foreign Courts with very positive results Sergio has also ample experience in liability, litigation, and insurance and reinsurance law. Sergio has published different books regarding Liability and Damages in Colombia and Spain. He is the chief redactor of the Personal Injuries Law Proposal that is currently in discussion at the Colombian National Congress.
- Torts & Damages
- Crisis Management
- Dispute Resolutions: Arbitration & Litigation
- Sergio has represented several companies in national and foreign litigation with very positive results before different Jurisdictions. Sergio’s clients include companies in the Aerospace and the Automotive industries as well as oil and insurance companies, and public Colombian entities.
- Master in Torts Law, Universidad de Girona (Spain), 2013, with honors.
- Law Degree (JD equivalent), Universidad Javeriana (Colombia), 2012, with honors.
- Mention of Honor for his undergraduate thesis (laureate dissertation)
- Order for Academic Merits (special award for students with a GPA grater than 4.5 points).
- Grupo de Investigación en Derecho Privado – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana.
- Instituto Colombiano de Responsabilidad Civil y del Estado (Colombia).
- Colegio de Abogados (Universidad Javeriana).
Before joining DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán, he was an Associate Attorney at two prominent Colombian law firms. Sergio also served as advisor of the International Insurance Law Association President. Since 2012, he is lecturer in Tort Law at Universidad Javeriana and Universidad de los Andes. Sergio also serves as lecturer in law in several post-graduate programs in Universities in Bogotá, Cartagena, Barranquilla and Medellín.