(57) 1 317-4720 Ext. 179
Carlos has successfully advised local and foreign clients in the constitution and management of different trust funds, private equity funds and Real Estate Investment Funds (REITS); along with the compliance of all foreign investment and financial regulations before the Colombian Central Bank and the Colombian financial authority. Furthermore, he worked in a private placement of bonds in the US Market issued by a Colombian trust fund to finance the engineering, procurement, construction and operation of a fourth generation (4G) infrastructure project. Carlos has also advised different local and foreign clients in M&A transactions including transactions over € 30 million under UK and Spanish law. As an international associate at Lener Abogados in Barcelona, Carlos advised companies located in New York, Dubai, Marrakech, Hong Kong, Luxemburg and Spain in their corporate governance and restructuring, including different financial transactions such as syndicate loans, the issue of letter of credits under UCP 600 and ISP 98 and cash management transactions. Along with his work as an M&A associate at the firm, Carlos is an assistant professor of the banking & finance and capital markets postgraduate program at Universidad de los Andes. Carlos also led the approval process of a securities issuance program developed by a Colombian financial services company and has performed as deputy general counsel in a big Colombian financial services company.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Banking & Finance and Capital Markets
- Foreign investment
- Real Estate and REITS
- Dispute resolution: Negotiations, arbitration & litigation.
- M&A transaction over a Spanish hotel chain with a value of €30 million.
- Investment agreement for the developing and promotion of a medical assistance software based on artificial intelligence in the US Market (The Crescent Group, LLC)
- Private placement of bonds in the US Market issued by a Colombian trust fund to finance the engineering, procurement, construction and operation of a fourth generation (4G) infrastructure project (Mario Huertas-Bancolombia-Goldman Sachs)
- Constitution and management of different trust funds, private equity funds and Real Estate Investment Funds (REITS) (Prodesa, Amarilo, Prabyc)
- Approval process of a securities issuance program developed by a Colombian financial services company (Credicorp Capital)
- Assistant professor of the banking, finance and capital markets postgraduate program at Universidad de los Andes
- LL.M, ISDE Law School, (Columbia Law School/New York-Barcelona).
- Postgraduate Degree, Banking & Finance and Capital Markets, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- Law Degree (JD equivalent), Universidad Externado de Colombia, (Colombia).
- Negotiation and Mediation program, Columbia Law School/ISDE Law School (New York).
- International Commercial Arbitration-UNCITRAL, Universidad Externado de Colombia.
- Semifinalist in the VII edition of the International Commercial Arbitration-UNCITRAL Competition hosted by Universidad Católica del Perú in Lima, Perú, and sponsored by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Prior joining the firm, Carlos worked as an international associate at Lener Abogados in Spain and as an in-house lawyer in two major financial services companies in Colombia (Bancolombia and Credicorp Capital).