DLA PIPER MARTINEZ BELTRAN is a robust part of the DLA Piper Latin America and global tax platform. We are continually building our tax practice in Colombia to offer stronger support to clients in tax law and estate planning. Among our services, we advise on:
- Laws and regulations pertaining to tax at the national, regional and international level.
- Structuring the tax approaches of business organizations, national and international investments, and the purchase of financial assets.
- The tax aspects of arbitration and litigation proceedings.
- Existing risks related to tax regulation.
- Estate planning for corporations and families.
The Tax and Exchange Law division of our firm works closely with the rest of the teams of the firm in order to provide efficient solutions adjusted to the specific needs of the interested parties.
Our services include:
- National and local taxes advise and advise on issues of international tax law
- Designing of structures for corporate reorganizations, local and foreign investment and purchase of assets
- Assistance in judicial and administrative procedures related to taxes, preparation of responses to requests and preexisting tax risks management
- Representation in foreign exchange issues, related in particular to external borrowing and international investments
- Legal and tax assistance on issues of estate planning for wealthy clientele
The most recent experience in this field includes among others: advising one of Colombia's largest infrastructure projects and the design of legal and tax structures to sell/purchase real estate, industrial and commercial companies. The tax planning for the reorganization of the corporate structure and property of Colombia's largest corporate groups as well as assisting our clients in tax matters related to families and family companies estate planning.
María Alejandra Buitrago
- Designing and executing a structure for the provision of logistics and related services within a free trade zone.
- Conducting due diligence and structuring a proposal for the acquisition of an energy generating company.
- Advising regarding a client’s income tax matters in the case of road infrastructure projects covered by a legal stability agreement between the taxpayer and the government.
- Advising on and helping to structure the tax aspects of the sale of several Colombian financial service firms to foreign banks.
- Advising one of Colombia’s most important real estate projects on the design of a tax structure for the sale and acquisition of its property, for industrial and commercial businesses.
- Assisting in estate planning for some of Colombia’s leading business groups.