Competition & Consumer
We have broad experience in advising companies, organizations and associations in matters related to the promotion and protection of competition, consumers and unfair competition.
In recent years, the DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán has led the defense of important associations such as the sugar, food and beverage association, the banking association and several technology companies in investigations for anticompetitive practices, achieving the acceptance of guarantees by the competent authority, as well as strategic advice on legal, technical and economic terms. On the other hand, our Competition team has managed to obtain authorization for integrations in the agricultural, pharmaceutical, automotive, energy, mining, oil, and advertising sectors, among others.
Likewise, we have represented several companies in their search for justice by competitors that implement unfair policies and acts in the market, in order to obtain compensation for the damages caused or preventing the consolidation of unfair practices.
Additionally, our Competition team has broad experience advising clients of all kinds of industries in the creation and implementation of their policies and best consumer protection practices in order to avoid any risk or controversy resulting from the consumer relationship and additionally, to establish a loyalty relationship between both parties. We offer preventive solutions for the optimal operation of our clients’ businesses.
Our services include:
- Representing our clients before the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce in investigations on anticompetitive practices.
- Assisting our clients in proceedings to notify business integrations and requests for pre-evaluation before the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, Financial Superintendence and the Colombian aeronautical authority – Aeronáutica Civil.
- Advising on the implementation of internal competition policies.
- Representing clients in disputes arising from unfair competition.
- Representing clients in matters related to consumer protection.
- Advising on the development and implementation of internal consumer protection policies.